Yes, Now the reporting time by End of Day and you have to write an email to the client to report the activity that happened with the project.
What you write in your mail when you have to share the status of a running project to the client?
If your question is, one of the following :
- How to Write an Email to Client Sharing The Status of Project?
- How to Write an Email for Project Status Update?
- How to repost Project Status Update?
- What should be the format of Email to share the status update?
And many such……
So we are going to solve each of your doubt in this article. You will be completely confident in the status update email writing after going through this article.
What is a project?
A project is a group of the ongoing task that will meet a definite goal at the end of processes. We work in different types of Industries and due to huge demand companies and individuals outsource the task to experts so that it can be done in minimum expected time. For example, website development is a project.
What is Project Status Update?
A project goes through many small modules and submodules comprises assignments. So we can conclude that a project has many phases and some days to daily completion status that we need to report to the relevant authorities. This is a global and well-accepted format to write an email to share the project report.
So at a particular frequency of time, a report is generated and shared with the stakeholders of the project including the client.
This report is known as Project Status Update. This report includes the status of subtasks completed by different team members. A project is having many processes going through many phases like closed, ongoing, in progress, in review, delayed, on hold, etc.
Why do we need Project Status Update?
This is part of a strategy to track the completion of any project and also the liability of the people working on the project to report the authority, owners and stakeholders about the completion, delayed, Ongoing processes in a project.
A project status update is helpful to draw the next step and to plan the forthcoming phases accordingly. This is also useful in predicting the deadline for the whole project.
A status update also reports about the resources utilized during the project execution. This helps in utilizing the proper resources at appropriate places.
A status update is mandatory to keep all the resources and stakeholders aligned and aware of the status of the project, difficulties and situations arrived during execution.
It is a reminder of deadlines that are coming and motivate the people to achieve the goal is the discussed and allotted time.
A status update is a briefing of the process that has been completed, so everyone will keep an eye on the details of the project.
What do we need to mention in Project Status Update to Client?
- We can use a table or bullet points to list the activities.
- We need to describe the particulars and status on a particular date.
- We need to include the items are overdue.
- Need to include the status like – Open, in Progress, On Hold, Rejected, Completed, In Review, Completed, etc.
- We also need to include the milestone status in the project report.
- We need to include the start date and end date of the duration that we are going to report.
- We need to highlight the overdue items and the reason for the delay.
- Explain any technical terms in the report, even if this is very small.
- Always try to map the next level in the report or any Formal communication with the client.
- Highlight your ownership and responsibility for the Ongoing project.
- You also can propose alternate ways and new modules as optional things under a heading recommended.
Examples of project status reports
There can be many ways of presentation. But we need to keep our email crystal clear and very handy. We have the simplest template to share the project status update with clients. Here is a sample project report using bullet points to describe the activities.
Email Body Starts:
I hope you are doing well.
Here are the updates on the Enterprize Learning System.
#1: Users Learning Completion Consolidated Statics – [Completed]
#2: User Content Mapping Finalization – [Completed]
#3: Integration of Paypal Payment Gateway API – [Completed]
#4: User Certificate Generation Template Change – [In Progress]
#5: Database Speed Optimization – [Delayed, Needs Escalation]
#6: Documentation – [On Hold]
Concluded on the points that we have completed so far, I expect the project will be delivered by the first week of March 2020.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Thanks and have a nice day.
Email Body Ends:
I hope that you are now more confident about the Project Status Update. You have a sample email writing of Project Status Update to Clients. You are now aware of the benefits of the project status report and important points that you need to mention while writing an email to share the status of the project.